This small kitchen dresser was designed for a slender, shallow alcove. It shows how our custom-sizing makes great use of your space, whatever the dimensions.
The brief was for a painted dresser to fit the space with some closed storage and some open. The main purpose was to store crockery and glasses, to get those out of over-full kitchen units and into somewhere more organised and accessible. It had to fit a narrow space and had to be relatively shallow (front to back) so that it didn’t obstruct the passage past it. The clients decided they had no need for lighting or built-in power.
Our response was the design shown, refined to this final version through conversation with the client.
- The large drawer offers storage for a range of items and runs on high-quality, full-extension, soft-close runners.
- The doors beneath open onto adjustable shelving, perfect for holding stacks of crockery.
- The solid maple worktop is a real cracker. It’s made of maple from Dalmeny Estate near Edinburgh. When we planed the rough planks we discovered the beautiful “rippled” figure. Maple is always a beautiful wood but this piece really stands out.
- The upper section uses the height of the room and allows a good bit of adjustable storage.
- As well as being a distinctive design feature, the box drawers are handy for all sorts of smaller items, phones, technology and household paperwork.
- The colour is Farrow & Ball’s Parma Grey.